DBT For Self Care + Compassion Fatigue
Mindfulness- Communication Skills- Coping Skills- Distress Tolerance- Dialectics- Validation
Have you been wanting to learn dialectical Behavioral Therapy?
- AND -
You're so busy being a therapist and working with clients you just don't know where you would make the time?
Then we have the perfect solution for you.
In this group, you will learn how to practice and apply DBT from the ground up by learning how to use the skills to take care of yourself (now there's a novel idea!!)
Therapists who experience burnout often experience impaired emotional and physical health and a diminished sense of well-being. Most of us will experience some form of compassion fatigue or burn out in our career. We all know it is essential that we make our self care a priority, and yet, being human as we are, often this fails to happen.
This group will:
- Teach you the entire DBT training protocol, specifically focusing on how to use the skills to increase self care and decrease compassion fatigue.
- Help you to improve your coping skills necessary for managing difficult cases
- Help you in setting vital boundaries necessary for protecting your energy while working with high acuity clients
- Enhance your communication skills, allowing you to be more effective in your day to day practice.
- Teach you the precise communication skills to help you set boundaries, and deliver more clarity in your practice with clients.
- teach you the DBT skills you can take into your practice in order to help your clients cope and thrive.
When: Wednesdays - Lunch Group - (Feel Free to Bring Your Lunch!) - 12:30-1:30 - Twice a month/ Every Other Week
Where: 23 Lenox Pointe NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
Who: This group is co-led by the clinical co-directors of Creative Health Initiatives, Tara Arnold, PhD, CEDS-S and Becca Clegg, LPC, CEDS-S
Investment: $65/Group - 6 Month Commitment (12 Groups)
Sign up today by contacting us through our website, or call (404) 295-1359 and ask to speak with Becca Clegg.